Your Home Inspector William Jones
What's Included in a general Home Inspection
2. ATTIC, INSULATION & VENTILATIONThe home inspector will look at the insulation and ventilation of unfinished spaces, including:AtticsCrawlspacesFoundation areasExhaust systems 3. EXTERIORSidingWindowsExterior doorsFlashing & TrimWalkwaysDrivewaysStairsPatios & decksDrainage
4. BASEMENT, FOUNDATION, CRAWLSPACE & STRUCTUREFoundation movementCracksStructural concernsIndication of water penetration
5. COOLINGThe condition of the cooling system, location of thermostat, energy source and the type of cooling system you have in the home.
6. HEATINGThe condition of the heating system, location of thermostat, energy source and the type of heating system you have in the home.
7. FIREPLACEThe home inspector will inspect:The visible portions of the fireplace & chimneysLintelsDamper doorsCleanout doors & frames
8. PLUMBINGPlumbing tends to get the most attention due to the impacts a water penetration can have on a home. The home inspector will check:Main water & fuel supply shut-off valvesWater heaterInterior water supplyToiletsSinksTubsShowersDrainsWaste & vent systems
9. ELECTRICALThis section includes:The service drop (where the electrical company connects to your home)ConductorsService head and mastElectrical mainPanelboardsGrounding switchesLight fixturesOutletsThe presence of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
10. DOORS, WINDOWS & INTERIORThis includes a representative number (some inspectors check all) of:DoorsWindowsFloorsWallsCeilingsStairsRailingsThe garage door and openers